Saturday, March 28, 2015

Introduction




I am a History major who went to work in other fields and now that I'm retired I would like to return to study my first love, 18th Century history.  I recently read a couple of books that I found inspiring by David Liss.  The need for more in-depth knowledge was apparent.

 

I have decided to read a book each week, in chronological order, about the  people and events beginning in 1700.  I may add some novels and some original source writings.  I am on a budget, so I'm trying to find the most economical sources available.

 

I find the 18th Century to be the most exciting because it is filled with change, revolution, industrialization, war, freedom and a cast of characters that beat all.

 

I started by 'googling' a timeline of the 18th Century:  British Empire timeline .
 
My first book will be:  "Spain under Charles the second, or Extracts from the correspondence of the hon.Alexander Stanhipe,british minister at Madrid, 1690-1699" byAlexander STANHOPE from Google Books

No comments:

Post a Comment